LISA DONNELLY – Massage Therapy.
Lisa joins the team at Health in the Bay with 18 experience as a Diploma qualified Massage Therapist. She uses holistic treatments designed to identify the muscular causes of pain and dysfunction, by providing an empowering and education based approach to her sessions, using her expertise to coach each patient how to relax & receive the best outcome from each massage.
Lisa will work with you to design a personally tailored treatment program that delivers improved range of motion and empower sports performance and improve your freedom of movement. similarly she is also very happy to work with tired mums and overworked business people to just unwind, de-stress and walk out feeling lighter, less tense and ready to take on the world!
Lisa is now available for bookings at Health in the Bay!
Types of Massage
- Full Body Massage – If you’re feeling ok with no real pain issues or concerns but feel tense all over, this free flowing full body massage is just the thing.
- Deep Tissue Massage – focusing on specific areas, working very slowly and gently to get into the deeper muscle layers that are responsible for chronic pain. These sessions require a treatment program to achieve sustainable long term changes.
- Remedial Massage – This is not for the faint hearted. If you have strong pain and muscle adhesions, a day spa massage can not help you. Lisa will work gently and carefully to help soften and release your neck, shoulders, lower back but this is a slow process that can take form 6- 12 treatments over a few months to achieve the kind of results we are looking for.
- Relaxation/Swedish Massage – light superficial work to soothe the mind and body. No deep tissue work is done.
- Sports Massage – Deep strong and challenging work for athletes to break down fibrotic tissue, restore strength and flow and increase flexibility. This will improve circulation and get these muscles firing on 6 cylinders again. This is no a massage for pleasure, expect some discomfort to get those results.
- Hot Stone Massage – feel tension melt away with the heat softly unlocking tissue. Zero pain, maximum pleasure (perfect for people with high tension who say “i just can’t relax”).
- Pregnancy & Pre-Pregnancy Massage – to get you feeling great and address those aches and pains. You can mix and match styles for your pregnancy massage. Choose from relaxation only to deep tissue or remedial as we move from legs to back to neck. Feedback about pressure is important to design the right massage for you.
- Trigger Point Therapy – this is a technique used throughout remedial and sports massage. A very tender tight spot that is resistant to release is held, with deep pressure being applied. The patient will breath into the pressure which can be highly painful. After 10 seconds the pain starts to dissipate and after about 30 seconds the pain is very minimal as the target locked up adhesion has now been relaxed by the nervous system. Fresh blood and oxygen flows in and the muscle starts to regenerate and move freely again.
- Lymphatic Drainage – is not in essence a separate type of massage, but rather a specific medical technique that is very light using a flowery touch sequence to target the lymph vessels nodules and nodes. Then deeper lymph structures in the abdomen are addressed with stronger pumping type action to help clear and cleanse the lymphatic system. A great detox and helpful after injury or illness.