LISA DONNELLY – Massage Therapy.
Lisa joins the team at Health in the Bay with 18 experience as a Diploma qualified Massage Therapist. She uses holistic treatments designed to identify the muscular causes of pain and dysfunction, by providing an empowering and education based approach to her sessions, using her expertise to coach each patient how to relax & receive the best outcome from each massage.
Lisa will work with you to design a personally tailored treatment program that delivers improved range of motion and empower sports performance and improve your freedom of movement. similarly she is also very happy to work with tired mums and overworked business people to just unwind, de-stress and walk out feeling lighter, less tense and ready to take on the world!
Lisa is now available for bookings at Health in the Bay!
Types of Massage
- Remedial Massage – systematic assessment and treatment to muscles, tendons and connective tissue to alleviate pain and tension and injury management, usually focusing on specific problem areas. More.
- Deep Tissue Massage – treatment to the deep layers of muscle and connective tissue to help break up scar tissue and relieve chronic pain and spasm. More.
- Sports Massage – works on muscles, tendons and ligaments, to help improve recovery after training, enhance flexibility and performance and minimise injury. More.
- Trigger Point Therapy – a technique used in sports and remedial massage. Targeting specific focal points of spasm and pain, giving widespread relief. More.
- Swedish / Relaxation Massage – a very relaxing massage that works the upper layers of muscle to increase blood flow, to help relieve muscle tension and calm the nervous system. More.
- Hot Stone Massage – a deeply relaxing massage using the movement of warm stones over the body to release deep muscles and relieve tension and stress. More.
- Aromatherapy – indulgent and very relaxing massage using essential oils (made from flowers and plants) to promote relaxation, health and wellbeing. More.
- Pregnancy/Prenatal Massage – massage to relieve the muscle and joint pain, and swelling that commonly come with the many changes your body goes through during pregnancy. More.
- Lymphatic Drainage – a very specialised, light stroking technique is used to improve lymphatic circulation, which helps reduce swelling and remove toxins from the body. More.
- Seniors Massage – a massage tailored specifically to the needs of older patients. Can be used for relaxation or to help relieve muscle aches and pains. More.