SWEDISH / RELAXATION MASSAGE at Health In The Bay.
Please note that as of September 2020, Jie has finished at Health In The Bay, so we can no longer take more bookings for her. Please check back soon for notice of our great new massage therapist.
Often when we think of a massage this is what we are imagining. A beautifully relaxing and calming massage that allows muscles to release and helps alleviate any stress and tension in the body. This is a gentler form of massage, designed to increase the blood flow, that promotes well-being of the mind and body. It works on the more superficial (upper) layers of muscle and soft tissue, and focuses on those areas that hold the most tension, such as the neck, shoulders, and back.
The sequence of techniques usually used in a session of Swedish Massage are:
- Effleurage: gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Petrissage: kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Friction: circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Vibration: oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Percussion: brisk hacking or tapping.
- Passive: and Active Movements: bending and stretching.