MORENA VIMERCATI – Massage Therapy.
Morena joined the team at Health In The Bay with 10 years of experience. She graduated in Italy in 2011 as a remedial/beauty massage therapist and beautician. In 2018, she attended courses in Thai massage and healing techniques in Thailand. She recently graduated at TAFE Australia to obtain provider numbers in Australia to complement her Italian qualifications.
She used the following techniques in her treatments; Swedish, Remedial, Trigger point, Myofascial Release, Sports, Lymphatic Drainage, Craniosacral, and Thai techniques of massage.
The aspect Morena likes most about being a massage therapist is that she gives both mental and physical benefits to people by reducing daily stress and/or pain due to sports, work, or injuries combining several techniques in a single treatment making each massage unique and tailored for the problem. Morena especially likes difficult cases where results can often surprise her clients, and allows her to research to improve and give better results for her clients.
Morena will take care of you with a personally design treatment plan to improve your range of motion, relieving accumulated stress, and working on the muscle groups to relieve tension.
Types of Massage
- Remedial Massage – systematic assessment and treatment to muscles, tendons and connective tissue to alleviate pain and tension and injury management, usually focusing on specific problem areas. More.
- Deep Tissue Massage – treatment to the deep layers of muscle and connective tissue to help break up scar tissue and relieve chronic pain and spasm. More.
- Sports Massage – works on muscles, tendons and ligaments, to help improve recovery after training, enhance flexibility and performance and minimise injury. More.
- Trigger Point Therapy – a technique used in sports and remedial massage. Targeting specific focal points of spasm and pain, giving widespread relief. More.
- Swedish / Relaxation Massage – a very relaxing massage that works the upper layers of muscle to increase blood flow, to help relieve muscle tension and calm the nervous system. More.
- Lymphatic Drainage – a very specialised, light stroking technique is used to improve lymphatic circulation, which helps reduce swelling and remove toxins from the body. More.
- Seniors Massage – a massage tailored specifically to the needs of older patients. Can be used for relaxation or to help relieve muscle aches and pains. More.