NUTRITIONAL MEDICINE at Health In The Bay.
Naturopathic or holistic nutrition uses the science of what we eat and how that impacts our health – the use of whole foods as medicine. Hippocrates, the father of modern Western medicine, famously stated:
“Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.”
Nutritional medicine uses the combined knowledge of years of traditional food used as medicine, with current evidence based science to determine the therapeutic use of nutrients from food and the selected use of supplements to address deficiencies, support the body during chronic disease, and prevent health decline.
With an understanding of the biochemical and physiological effect that food has on our health, a nutritionist can then use functional and everyday foods as a therapeutic tool to promote optimal health.
Did you know that the spices ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory actions? Or that garlic and fish can have a blood thinning effect? That bone broth can help to heal the gut?
Your health can be improved in many ways by seeing a Nutritionist…
Are you suffering from:
- Poor digestive health – whether that is IBS, constipation or diarrhoea, bloating, reflux, Crohns or inflammatory bowel disease?
- Food intolerances and allergies – are you coeliac or simply react to gluten, dairy or other foods?
- A sugar addiction or carbohydrate cravings?
- Skin disorders such as eczema, or asthma or allergies?
- A family or genetic history of degenerative or autoimmune diseases that you do not wish to develop yourself?
- Low mood, anxiety and depression?
- Weak nails, falling hair or problem skin?
- Problems managing your weight in a sustainable way?
- Imbalanced hormones, thyroid or cholesterol?
- Low energy and poor vitality?
Would you like support for:
- Preconception care – to get you and your partner in the best shape possible to conceive a happy and healthy baby and for a trouble-free pregnancy
- Children with ADHD, behavioural and disorders – using specific dietary and nutrient advice to best get young brains clear, focused and happier (see http://mindd.org for more information)
- An overall health detox and revamp of your current eating habits and supplements
- Learning how to deal with food intolerances or allergies
- Understanding how food affects your mood, concentration, energy and overall wellness
- Personalised eating plans for families, individuals and anyone that enjoys eating healthy, nutrient dense and delicious foods
During a comprehensive consultation, Karen not only assesses your current health and intake of food and nutrients, but also educates and empowers you with information to help you achieve optimal health.
So if you ever wish for boundless energy, a clear and sharp mind, perfectly functioning digestion, a happy disposition and overall optimal health, then maybe it’s time to see a nutritionist!
Please note that Karen is away on maternity leave until early 2020!