TANYA HOSKEN – Counselling.
Tanya is a highly skilled counsellor with a Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the Australian College of Applied Psychology. She has undergone additional training in child development and attachment, DBT (dialectical behaviour therapy), creative therapy, group therapy and is a qualified Tuning into Kids program facilitator. She is a member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), which informs a high level of integrity and professional development in her work as counsellor.
Tanya likes to view counselling as a constructive conversation that brings about acceptance, choice and opportunities. Although they may not always be easy conversations to have, in her experience professional support during critical moments can be the most effective and impactful way to bring about meaningful change in a persons life. Through counselling inner peace, improved relationships, healing and personal growth are all possible.
Tanya supports people facing a range of issues including but not limited to:
- Relationship – conflict, communication, intimacy, sex and dating
- Young people (16-24) – family issues, stress, sexuality and relationships
- Parenting – prenatal mood disorders, loss, transition difficulties, parenting challenges
- Living with genetic disorders, chronic illness or chronic pain
- Self-harm and suicidal ideation
- Alcohol issues
- Anxiety, stress, depression and low mood
Tanya’s gift is that she can adapt her approach in order to meet the unique needs, strengths and goals of each of her clients.
Tanya is a certified Tuning in to Kids facilitator and runs a range of workshops and parenting programs both online and in person.